Legend

In my daily search for inspiration I came across a film I had long forgotten about and I knew that I had to track it down and re-watch it. 
Long before Tom Cruise was loosing his shit on Oprah's stage or loosing his shit in general now that I think about it, he played a cute young recluse named "Jack o' the Green" in Ridley Scotts "Legend". Basically this is your typical boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, girl gets kidnapped by bad creepy guy that wants her for himself, boy saves girl and they live happily ever after scenario- only it has unicorns, goblins, fairies elves, and a lord of darkness. (played by none other then Tim Curry) 
The film was made in 1985 so at times its a little bit like trying to re-watch the dark crystal (painful but you wish it wasn't because your childhood memory of it is so good) so bear that in mind. 
But the film did receive an Academy Award nomination for best makeup back in the day and has since gained a cult following around the world. 
RECOMMENDED WATCH!